855-786-6653

Black Mold Found in Ice Cream at the Sonic Drive-In, 5003 Millertown Pike, Knoxville, TN

WATE Channel 6 in Knoxville, Tennessee is reporting that a food inspector found black mold at the Sonic Drive-in located at 5003 Millertown Pike,Knoxville, TN 37917. The mold was found in a fan above the soft ice cream mix and on top of the ice machine.

Apparently the mold from the fan had fallen into the ice cream.

Just think how many people may have eaten this black moldy ice cream and possibly got sick before the inspector had discovered the cross contamination?

WATE Channel 6 reported:

Sonic Drive-In, 5003 Millertown Pike – Grade: 76

First off, the inspector found that the cooler was struggling and not working properly. As a result, tomatoes were too warm at more than 54 degrees. The safe temperature is 41 and below. A repairman was called to fix the fridge.

The inspector also noted improper hygiene when she watched a kitchen worker fail to change his gloves and wash his hands after handling dirty utensils in a sink. The inspector also noted black mold had fallen into the unprotected soft ice cream mix. There was also excessive mold on a fan above the mix and excessive build up of mold was found on top of the ice machine.

Read more from WATE